16 January 2007

and because you know the deepest me

To that one who knows me, all of me, more than anyone else ever has or will.


and because you know the deepest me
in the deepest curves and valleys,
at my highest peaks-- that i've only ever reached with you,
when i was so elated and elevated by the site
of you at your greatest height...

because you know the deepest me,
in the deepest places of my skin,
that only your fingertips know how to analyze and devour,
my pulse rests in your palm's power for hours-
--and hours--

and because you know the deepest me,
in the deepest colors of my mind's creativity,
and i, your soul's ingenuity,
and we- each other's gift of sweet, pure life and bliss-
--where and when and oh just how we both need it so very badly...

because you know the deepest me,
and i know you,
and we know no one else--
in every one of the deepest blues, and smells,
and words, and wants,
and sounds, and grooves,
and moods, and needs...
and we love the deepest love that deep love can make still...

because you know the deepest me,
you know i will always give you the deepest me,
completely and implicitly,
and the promise of as many tomorrows as time will be-
to arise, sleep, take solace in the embrace of love
and passion that only we manifest--
and as what we could be; freely;
in each other's innate positivity,
could may just be our purpose-
our deepest, unbridled vitality...
but only-
--only--
to all of the deepest of you.

and because you know the deepest me,
where i weep from the deep, deepest heart of me-
i have not the deepest part of me-
the part that we are.
and where i know the deep, deepest heart of you-
the true, you that you fight through-
never doubt the trust that will lie in you,
that i will make it all right with you,
i will be side-by-side with you,
and deeply we can finally;
just be.

because you know the deepest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment