30 July 2002

Thoughts At Midnight

Those first few weeks out of that 'make up to break up' relationship can leave you feeling like you can't bear to get through the next second alone. And then the clock strikes midnight, and you roll over to the empty spot where he used to be, and....

At this very moment,
in this particular point in time,
I am missing you.
There is a fluttering ball in my gut,
and a hollow feel in my heart,
that says I am really missing you.

I am missing the rich, smooth bass
of your voice in my ear,
whispering the things you
want to do to me,
or just talking about nothing at all.

I am missing the feel of your
delicate hand as you caress
my skin when we make love,
or as you smack my ass when we fuck.

I am missing the taste of
your chocolate flesh.
I am missing the way your
very kiss
could breath life into my
weary body.

I am missing the hustler
who kidnapped my soul
and held my heart captive.

I am missing being loved,
cared for,
cared about.

I am missing the fights and
fury;
seeing the passion of anger
in your eyes.
Oh, yeah, baby I am definitely
missing you.

Like the amputated limb
that continues to throb,
your absence hurts me more
than your presence ever could.
And I am
missing
you.

No comments:

Post a Comment