12 May 2003

how many loves?

I think we all want to know, is there just one true love out there in the world for each of us, that by some miraculous twist of fate we are meant to meet, or are we meant to have a few loves in our lives? How many loves do we have?

am i given a time span
on how many years i can
search the near and far land
for my love?

is my life on a clock?
is my heart going to stop
without my love?

how much time can I spend
on the hopes that in the end
i will look to a friend
and see my love?

is there one that is true?
am i graced with a few?
should i wait for or pursue
my sweet love?

will i feel truth right away?
will it shine just a day?
will my perfect one stay
as my love?

will he come in my sleep
just to pleasure me deep,
then into the night creep
out, my love?

dare she come when i wake
to watch my face as she makes
me take all i can take?
ooh, my love.

why should it be only one,
when two or three might be fun?
separately, it can be done.
could i share my love?

could i let it flow free
with meek positivity?
will it all return to me?
come back my love.

and when the one i adore
comes back to my door,
will we topple to the floor
and just make love?

i shall be patient, i shall wait;
i shall not question my sisters the fates.
when all is right, they'll gift me my soul mate-
the complete creation of my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment