11 January 2005

Paradox

Are we meant to take in the experiences of life and accept them as inevitabilities, fates spiraling out of our control, or do we fight the powers that be in an effort to blaze our own trail? Are we even meant to know the answer?

Can devastation bring one to elevation?

I absorb-
the harsh beatings of a reality
that’s barely mine…
I absorb-
malignant words from mouths
of fiery friendships…
I absorb-
euphoric thrashings from Love’s
warm and chilling tidal wave…
I absorb life, but to what end…

I define-
the strength through struggle
to make reality mine…
I define-
the clarity through critical acclaim
of free-spoken friendships…
I define-
the bipolar exhilaration of Love’s
ever spontaneous tidal wave...
I define life, but to what end…

I reject-
the fallacy of the fantasy
that this reality is mine…
I reject-
the two-tongued babbling of
venomous friendships…
I reject-
the soar and plummet of Love’s
fickle, harmful tidal wave…
I reject life, but to what end…

Can elevation send one into devastation?

No comments:

Post a Comment