02 April 2006

Little known facts about me and why this video is bloody fabulous!

You wouldn't know it to look at me but...

Between high school and college I studied four years of Russian. I still remember a lot of it, although how often does a Black woman get to speak Russian in this day and age.

I absolutely adore vampire books and movies (preferrably books). I like a lot of horror, gore, and thrill actually, have been a fan ever receiving a copy of Stephen King's "Carrie" as a 10th birthday gift, then stealing a copy of Octavia Butler's "Kindred" shortly afterward. Reading material needs a certain edge after that.

And, well, I love rock music. Not all, but a great deal of it. Hell, I'm a child of the 80's, gimme a break.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'm going to because this video called to me.... don't be concerned, I'm ok, really. This is the massively speeded up version of the cult russian vampire Horror "Night Watch", the entire movie in 2 minutes.

"Nightwatch"

You just got so much information in such a short time.

3 comments:

  1. well, well, well! you and gary j. boston are definitely from the same tree. he loves gore (since he was about 5 years old driveling crappy words from his mouth and having to get it washed out with soap which didn't help so i just realized he would write gore when he grew up), horror and horrible rock music too. i was worried for a long time, but he seems to be alright. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in the blood...pardon the pun! I guess I should mention that the copy of Kindred that I stole was from auntie Subhanallah!! :D

    We're an adorably twisted family, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently read "Kindred" and loved it. I finished in less than a week cause i couldn't put it down. It's my first Octavia E. Butler read. Too bad she'll not be writing anymore. Now, about Subhanallah . . . . .

    ReplyDelete