21 November 2010

hairy situation

i spend way too much time talking about this natural, giant, curly mass of hair. i said 'too much time' because i'm not talking about my hair, i'm talking about my son's.

climb

apparently my decision to just let it be big and beautiful as long as he lets me detangle and comb it a few times a week, doesn't sit well with everyone. there seems to be some unspoken rule that if a little black boy is going to have long hair it should be cornrowed or braided in some way. if not, cut it off.

i happen to think his hair is fantastic just the way it is and i have no desire to try and contain it. in fact, this one's for you kid!!

Whip My Hair Sesame Style - Willow Smith Remix (I Love My Hair)


2 comments:

  1. I think his hair is fabulous. I love his tight coils and its color...and cant really 'get with' little boys and braids (I think it makes them look too grown too soon). Then again, thats just my opinion...and opinions are like advice. You don't have to listen to/take them.

    Go momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think his hair is perfect. He looks neat and clean and that is all that matters. He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete