18 May 2012

mama at the playground

I'm at the playground with kidluv, standing at the top of the slide watching him go down and I remembered something; when I met Mar in high school I was TERRIFIED of heights. terrified. so much so, I hadn't gone down a slide since I was very little, a fact that I revealed to him while we were hanging out at a playground.

at first he thought I was joking or faking in a 'damsel in distress' kinda way, then he saw I was serious.

so he helped me. he didn't laugh at me or make me feel silly, he just helped me.

it took me a few minutes, but holding his hands I warily climbed up and staring into the first pair of smiling male eyes I ever truly trusted, I went down the slide.

it was so hard but so simple and changed so much.

now, 22 years later, as I run and play with my kid and carelessly stand at the top of the slide (that's where I'm writing this very hurried post from) I see that not only has he made me a mom, he helped make me a better mom. I wouldn't have this beautiful boy or this beautiful moment with him without that beautiful man.

now if you'll excuse me, I have some sliding to do. :)

ps. I love ya, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment