02 February 2011

making me feel better

babyluv's had a little cough for a few days and because of the weather (the ice more than the snow, we live in a very hilly area and icy patches SUCK) we've been couped up in here together for days. so last night an itchy cough made itself known in my throat and this morning I woke up with no voice. eh, no problem, I can manage a cough and I can even manage the kid since he has a rapidly growing ASL (American Sign Language) vocabulary.

I told babyluv that my throat hurt and I couldn't talk so I was going to use a lot of signs today and we went over a handful of basics. he did great and seemed perfectly content but in my guilt ridden head I could hear his deep, little voice 'geez mama, I already don't feel good and now you spring a sign language pop quiz on me!! can I get a break!?!'

don't look at me like that, I know he's only 2 but he says a lot with his eyes. really!! and he's almost 3. oh whaddyouknow! *rolling my eyes and pouting*

well, just now he came over to me, handed me a fistful of the remains of his mostly devoured jelly sandwich, smiled up at me with his proud, jelly-smeared face and said 'here, that'll make you feel better!' then immediately erupted in body shaking coughs.

have I mentioned today how much I love this kid?



2 comments:

  1. AWWW!!! What a sweet fella even if the sandwich was kinda germie! When does he turn 3? My little one turns 3 next month on the 19th. No fair, he promised to stay a baby....he lied to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO!! hey, they're only a month apart, how rad!! mine turns 3 april 20th....if i chose to allow such a thing. it has been a VERY, VERY quick 3 years, i might need him to pause where he is for a few years, give me time to catch up. smh.

    ReplyDelete