12 December 2013

Month of Me! - Day 11

Today there wasn't much room to pick a 'Me' focus but I did take a much needed moment to improve my overall appearance which is actually pretty important.

Very often I realize that when I'm exhausted or stressed I start to look rather haggard and like all of my clothes are suddenly 2 sizes too big. My saggy eyes get overrun by crust, my hair gets all scraggly, I look like a bedraggled mother of 10. Not a good look.

The problem is, I'm already stressed or exhausted or sometimes sick so every time I glance at myself in a mirror I LOOK stressed, exhausted and sick which just makes my mood worse.

It's just as easy for me to put on my cute, soft, comfy tee as it is to put on the frumpy, soft, comfy tee. I don't have to grab the oddly shaped 'mom' jeans (where did those come from, by the way?!?! I never bought mom jeans but somehow one pair, just one, has appeared in my wardrobe! What's worse, I can't bring myself to throw them away!!!) when my skinny stretch jeans are right beside them. 

Basically, I CAN look better than I feel which in a small way will help me to feel better. 

I took a break, washed my face and eradicated the layer of eye crust, I swapped sad mom wear for the perky mommy cute tee and skinny jeans, even replaced the bandana scarf with the hand-knitted hair net I like and in 3 minutes flat I at least looked like myself again and I did feel a hell of a lot better.

So there! I guess I took more of a Me moment than I realized. Quality over quantity, I guess. 

Gotta run, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment